Monday 6 February 2017

TV series- the must see's!

Before Netflix happened, I must admit, I wasn't a massive TV series fan. I think it was because I never had the time to sit down and watch a programme weekly. I had sky plus in my house back home in Fort William, however, my Gran isn't the best with technology, she ended up deleting my recorded programmes constantly. Yes, you can imagine my rage!

I don't exactly have much time now anymore either! With all my college coursework and the dreaded graded unit hanging over me- I'm pretty tied down with things to do constantly. However, when I did have the time I loved a good Netflix binge and I think Netflix is what made me love TV series so much. It was literally available 24/7 whenever you wanted it, a large choice, on demand. I do generally favour the American Netflix as it has more, however, they're both fab! I don't pay for mine as I sponge off my sister's but that's what sisters are for right?

I know how annoying it is when you're in the perfect mood to laze around and binge watch a TV series but you can't find any decent ones you haven't already watched! That's why I composed my list of a few favourites to maybe give someone an idea, even if people undoubtedly have watched these. Some I've watched countless times over, I have no shame. It just shows it must be good.

The Vampire Diaries





This is one of them ones I've watched countless times over. The story lines are constantly changing and it's so gripping, it leaves you eager to catch up all the time. It primarily follows the life of vampires, witches and werewolf's. The three main characters above, Damon, Elena and Stefan. Whom both of the guys are madly in love with Elena. There is all kinds of plot twists, dramatic deaths, appearances,  and crazy catastrophe's. I would be here all day trying to explain this series in full. If you like supernatural programmes, dramas and romance then this is for you. Even if you're not that into supernatural I would definitely give this a go. I wasn't really invested into the genre until I started watching this, It is completely gender friendly- guys will love it just as much too! So get watching, I promise you won't be disappointed with this one.

Prison Break




This is a classic for most people. However, you would be surprised how many people have still not watched it. With the next season looming you all better get a move on! This is really different to something I would normally watch, I'm not too big on prison dramas. This however, is honestly one of the best series I have ever watched. This, incase you haven't guessed, is also one I have watched countless times. It follows the story of two main characters- Lincoln Burrows and Michael Scofield. Lincoln was framed for a crime he didn't commit and sentenced to death row. Michael purposely lands himself in the same jail in hopes to save his brother and escape together. The show follows not only Michael and Lincoln's nail biting journey- but all the other inmates alongside them who have tagged on along the way. This series is full of tension, on the edge seat stuff and I would definitely recommend! 

Once Upon A Time 




This one is one for all the Disney lovers! It tell's the story of a world where the fairytale and "real world" collide. It's a hard one to summarise unless you've watched it. It basically consists of fairytale fictional characters who's memories have been robbed by a curse, they have been transported to the "real world" and it turns out, an ordinary woman called Emma is actually the long lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. It's full of drama and magical mishaps! flashbacks to the magical world and how all the characters pick up their life in the new world. I can't do it enough justice it deserves! if you love Disney or anything magical, you'll want to watch this!

Pretty Little Liars





The era of pretty little liars is soon coming to wraps- and I'm so sad! This is probably one aimed more for girls, although I definitely know guys who have watched it. I don't see why it's mainly girls who watch it because although it appears to be a chick flick- it certainly deals with dark topics. It surrounds the story of five bestfriends, one of whom goes missing. Ever since their friend went missing, the other four girls have been receiving threatening and taunting messages, all from someone called "A". It follows the tense journey of the four friends in discovering what really happened to their friend that summer she disappeared and the torturing games of "A". Between all this the four girls have to juggle relationships with their family and lovers too. It's packed with tension, suspense, drama and it definitely verges on thriller. Check this one out if you're looking for a chick flick alternative and feeling brave!

Bates Motel




This is something completely different to what I would normally go for. It's definitely taken "thriller" from my above recommendation to a whole new level. I am such a wimp when it comes to scary films or shows, so for many this probably won't even make you flinch. I certainly found it on the edge to what I could bare. It isn't to everyone's tastes, it's slightly twisted if I would say so. Based on the classic "Psycho" it follows Norman Bates and his mother, who have moved to a town and opened a motel for a "quiet life" after Norman's father dies mysteriously. It follows the twisted and crazy mind of Norman Bates and the relationship between him and his mother, unhealthy and bizarre as this series is, it's definitely something different. If you are looking for something more on the thriller side or horror- as far as my horror goes. Then this is perfect for you. Just be prepared to have many "what the f?" moments.

Gogglebox




Last but certainly not least! It wouldn't be a TV series recommendation without popping this in. Completely different to all the above but an absolute favourite! A British reality show which basically consists of different families sitting watching TV. Sounds boring? I promise you it's not! We see all types of personalities and reactions to them sitting watching TV and it is definitely the type of thing you need to watch to understand where I am coming from. It's absolutely hilarious, the commentary they all come out with. If nothing else above struck you- this comedy definitely will! right in the funny bone. 

I hope you found something above to now captivate yourself in for a while! Feel free to leave your recommendations below, I always welcome new ones to watch too. 


Tasha Hall x x x





No comments:

Post a Comment