Saturday 7 January 2017

face make-up must haves


Everyone who knows me is aware that I own a little too much make-up, however, I am definitely ok with that. I used to be so stingy with brands and always wore the cheapest make-up but sadly my taste has escalated on the more pricey side. In saying that however a lot of make-up favourites I have are really affordable and I genuinely prefer them to some of the higher end market. I thought with it being just after Christmas and people looking to spend their money; what would be a more perfect opportunity to share some of my favourites with you all! From foundation to highlighters these are my favourite face products.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation £31 




I got given this Foundation at Christmas as I was dying to try it out and I have heard so many amazing things about NARS. I am one of those people who find it really difficult experimenting with foundation once they find one they like so this was a big step. I normally use MAC Studio Fix Foundation however I feel sometimes it's too heavy. NARS Foundation was my answer! It's coverage is full, however, it is very buildable. It is so light on your skin it genuinely feels like you've nothing on- they definitely didn't label it "weightless" for nothing. It's so smooth and not "cakey" at all which I find MAC can be if you over-use it. You can use a light layer for a natural look or apply more for fuller coverage. This Foundation is very much flexible and I absolutely love it, I would definitely grab for this foundation more than a MAC one now. I got the shade "Deauville" which is for pink/yellow undertones. It is suited to all skin types which is a bonus- Retailing at around £31 it is definitely on the more pricey side but I would consider it worth it. 



Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation £7.99





I have used this foundation for as long as I can remember. This is a great foundation for a cheaper option to the NARS one above if you don't want to splash cash but are looking for a good quality foundation; it is also buildable and provides great coverage. I quite happily wore this for years before I decided to experiment and I still use this now daily unless I am going to an event or somewhere I want my make-up to last longer. This foundation, again, is so weightless and light to apply to your skin. It feels so smooth and you feel like you don't have too much make-up on. The only downside to the foundation is that it doesn't last as long, however, I wouldn't consider that a downside really considering It's more than three times cheaper. In saying that It still lasts a good amount of time through the day and I definitely recommend this one to all. Retailing at £7.99 in most stores and some stores including Savers retailing the product at even less this is a beauty must have! A very good foundation for those who have slightly dry/combination skin. 

Collection Concealer £4.19





This concealer gets raved about so much! and for very good reason; It is amazing! I honestly have only ever purchased this and one other concealer throughout my years of using make-up and this is the one I always reach for first. It is so unbelievably cheap retailing at under £5 it is definitely a bargain. I have always suffered from really dark/baggy eyes and this is the only product I have found to mask it well. It is available in three shades and I always get the lightest (01) for extra brightening. It is amazing high-coverage and quality. You do not need to build the product up either so it lasts a lot longer than expected; a little goes a long way.




 Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator (Ballerina) £21





This is my favourite highlighter EVER. I only own this in the one shade though at the moment (Ballerina) and it is honestly so amazing. It is a powder highlighter but the texture is so smooth and creamy that is almost feels like a cream highlighter; it blends amazingly and the lasting power of this is so good. The shade "Ballerina" is a lovely dusky rose-gold and I especially love wearing this one on a night out- It's definitely my special "go to" night out essential. The pink sparkly shimmer just completes an outfit. 



MUA Highlight Shimmer Stick £4





This MUA highlighting stick is a fab buy if you don't want to spend as much on the likes of the Laura Geller one above. I had ran out of highlighter and picked this up completely randomly thinking "oh this will do for now" and now I use this daily. My Laura Geller one I prefer to save for special occasions so I use this one more often. It is a cream textured highlighter which is risky for me because I was so used to using powdered formula's. It is in a very light golden shade although all it appears is shimmery on the cheeks. It is so pigmented it is unbelievable; I find it really easy to blend and a little of this goes a long way. I don't find myself having to pack layer upon layer- one swipe on my cheeks and it's glowing. I do find I need to apply this more than once throughout the day, however, at £4 who can complain!? I am currently on my fourth stick of this and I will gladly go onto a fifth. Definitely check this one out! 



NYX Contour & Highlight Pro Palette £18




This palette got recommended to me by a friend. I wasn't so sure on contouring/highlighting so it was all quite new to me and I wanted to ensure I got a good product to try it with and I wasn't let down. The palette is very versatile with the shades so it would suit most skin tones, however, the contour shades are fairly dark and although I am pale myself if i was a couple of shades paler then this palette may be too dark. Everything is workable though and because they easily blend in I would say it is suited to anyone. The powders are very pigmented which is great, the highlighters also are very pigmented as well- although I don't really use them as much. They are all matte shades which suits me perfectly and I just find this palette to be very affordable and It's my favourite contouring make-up I have found so far. I don't find i need to re-apply throughout the day with this product unless I am doing something hectic- so that is a bonus!




Tasha Hall x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment