Sunday 1 January 2017

Trip home for Christmas



I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year! I certainly over-indulged over Christmas on my trip home, however, sadly I was tucked up in bed new years night with the flu. I brought in the bells with Craig though so I couldn't of asked better company. I spent Christmas at home for ten days; it was short and sweet but it gave me enough time to see all my friends and family and that's what really matters at the end of the day.
The journey up was crazy! of course with everyone travelling back and fourth for the festivities it was chaos- I took the train up and let's just say I was very very glad to get off at the other end! It was so nice to see everyone after it feeling like SO long It just makes you appreciate the time you spend with loved ones even more.





Anyone that knows me knows I don't pack lightly, a suitcase would probably do me for one nights stay so I was pretty heavy packed. It was so nice getting home and having all the home comforts back. Having someone else cook you food 24/7 and not having to worry about buying in food was such a joy. The best part of home comforts was without a doubt a bath!!!! I am crazy on baths and living in halls definitely has made me realise even more that I have an obsession. I miss my baths so much and, honestly, I came out like a prune every single time- I just didn't want to get out! The only thing missing was some Lush bath bombs which I didn't manage to cram in my bag but I won't forget next time no way. My Gran had susprised me with new Santa bed sheets and I honestly think she was a bit overly excited about it all. It was so adorable though! she knows me too well, I will never really grow up. It was definitely a guilty pleasure "Yeah they're cool" when secretly I absolutely loved them and I felt like a massive kid on Christmas Eve all over again.




My Christmas day was a quiet one, it usually is. Just me, my Mum and my Gran. It's nice though and not completely hectic and stressful. I spent the day with them and went down to visit my Niece and Nephews to see what Santa brought them! There's something so special and sweet about kids faces on Christmas day that makes it even more magical. I'd asked for money for Christmas so I didn't have that many presents to unwrap, I did however get some: Perfume (lady million of course- staple for me!), lovely bath stuff, face things and new make up which I was all delighted with just to mention a few. Christmas to me though is not about  the amount of presents, money or gifts- although It's obviously a bonus! It's just such a nice atmosphere and you appreciate everyone and everything around you that little bit more. I genuinely mean when I say the Christmas dinner is my favourite part, I wait all year for those pigs in blankets! all drenched in gravy just the way I like it YUM.






I was working a lot of hours whilst home which I'm really glad for as extra money is always appreciated but it meant not seeing people as much as I would have liked. Of course I managed to squeeze in a night out with all my favourite girlie's in the world! It's so hard these days with us all growing up trying to find a time everyone is free. There's always either work commitments, family commitments or everyone is just busy! With some of us not living at home now either it makes it so much harder. Boxing Day was definitely the day everyone had to go out and It was honestly such a great night, I hadn't seen some of the girls in months so It was so nice to have us all back together again. 





It was strange not having Craig there to celebrate Christmas with me too. It would have been amazing to celebrate our first Christmas in the same place! four hours away made it even more shitty. People laugh when others are missing someone over the Christmas period- It's only ten days after all they say! However Christmas is such a special time and going from practically living with him to leaving him behind on our first Christmas together was pretty rubbish. I definitely missed that happy face a lot but it made me appreciate the time so much more. He had sent me a surprise package of flowers, a teddy and chocolates on the lead up to Christmas and it really was the most thoughtful thing. I really am a lucky person and I couldn't be happier walking into 2017 with him.

















Christmas is such an amazing time of year, It's all about love really. You appreciate every single person that little bit more that's in your life and it put's it all into perspective. I am so grateful and thankful for everyone and everything I have in my life, to even be here and have health is more than anyone should ask for at this time of year. That is why (although you celebrate happiness) to think of those that, sadly, aren't with us anymore this Christmas or here for another year. Jamie is always in my thoughts through Christmas and New Year but like always we make him proud and have a ball, It's what he would want. Christmas is a time of happiness and although you can miss people around you, you make the most of it and have an extra glass for them too! Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year! I wish everyone a magical 2017 and the best of luck for what lies ahead. To friends, family and the angel in the sky. It will always be onwards and upwards.


Tasha Hall x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment