Friday 16 December 2016

Christmas is approaching!







My favourite time of the year!!! Glasgow is so pretty at Christmas time and it would be completely rude not to dedicate a new blog post to the city's lights and festivities. The Christmas market was held in two locations this year- St Enoch square and then in George Square, both of them had mostly the same stalls but I do think the George Square arrangement was a lot more impressive, however, it makes sense I guess with George Square being more central it probably attracts more tourists and locals due to it being right outside the train station. 





 The market at George Square definitely had more things for kids (or big kids if you're the same as me). However, in saying that, I was one hundred percent there for the amazing choice in food; I love my food a little too much sometimes! which is why I wen't to both markets on numerous occasions, every time I passed by I couldn't help but take a wee wander round and I would nearly always come out with food! typical me. There's something so uplifting about the energy of a Christmas market, no matter what mood you are in or how much of a shitter of a day you've had it seems to make you smile regardless.






One thing I definitely didn't expect at a Christmas market was a "Mac n Cheese" stall- what a genius of a man! I think you can tell I was pretty chuffed with my macaroni, I took about twenty photos of the stall and forced my boyfriend Craig to take one hundred photos of me holding my wee macaroni pot- now that's pure pride! I say a "wee" macaroni pot but mostly all the food stalls gave you massive portions so it's definitely worth your money. Only in Scotland would you find a macaroni stall at a Christmas market; absolutely brilliant! and I highly recommend, however, then again I would recommend any pasta because I genuinely don't think I've ever turned around and said "That was a shite plate of pasta". 

It's not a trip to a Christmas market without getting yourself a Nutella crepe, well for me anyway. A Nutella crepe is an essential on a trip to the Christmas market and you're missing out if you don't indulge; I honestly wish there was a permanent crepe stand In George Square- it would make a fortune and that's from me alone!







It's good to remember also that going on a trip out doesn't always have to cost you an arm and a leg. The first couple of times going I went on a mad food spree, however, It's just as nice walking around and enjoying all the smells, the atmosphere and looking at all the unique Christmas gifts- taking a wander round doesn't cost you a penny! Unless you're like me and have no self control money wise then maybe leave your purse at home. It's something to fill your day a little and trust me when I say a walk around a Christmas market really does boost your Christmas spirits- no matter how much of a scrooge you are! I definitely recommend George's Square Christmas market to anyone who hasn't been yet; or any Christmas market for that matter. I hope everyone has a fab Christmas and a great new year!! 







Tasha Hall x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment